Everyone has different financial goals and interests. Some of you may want to trade stocks, others may want to buy and sell forex currency pairs. There are active traders who will trade multiple times per day and those who want to invest and hold for the long term. Whatever your style or interests, we have carefully hand selected our best trading apps based on those which can cater to the needs of all investors and traders, regardless of your previous experience or investment size.
Trade whenever you want, wherever you want on the IG trading app. With IG you can trade over 17,000 global markets on the go – forex, shares, indices, options, commodities and more. Plus, you’ll get interactive charts, news, automatic trading alerts and real-time signals. Enjoy exclusive access to data & analysis, with live prices available even before you log in.
Spread bet or trade CFDs on commodities, buy & sell shares, stock indices & currencies, or buy stocks outright. Enjoy weekend trading on forex & global indices or out-of-hours trading on 70 US stocks. You’ll find everything you need with IG.
- Simple, clean design for quick market access
- Everything you need in one place
- Deposit or withdraw money on the move
- Reduce risk with powerful tools
- Fast execution, real-time prices
- Built by traders, for traders
- Full dealing functionality
- Comprehensive risk management
- Full-screen charts
- Alerts direct to your device
- For advanced traders
- Award-winning app
Discover the world of trading in the palm of your hand with AvaTrade’s innovative app. Connect to global trading markets with live feeds and social trends, and reduce your risk with unique protection technology in AvaProtect.
See your trades at a glance, create your own watch lists, and view live prices and charts. Choose from over 1,000 instruments to trade, including the world’s top forex trading pairs, Commodities, Stocks, Cryptocurrencies and more, all in the palm of your hand.
Worried about losing on a position? AvaProtect has you covered. Choose the AvaProtect feature on the AvaTradeGO app, or from WebTrader, when executing your trade and experience total peace of mind during the protected period.
Watch markets develop in real time with the Market Trends feature, a quick way to monitor social trends from the AvaTrade vibrant traders’ community. Its technological capabilities help you gain access to key financial information for clear analysis on what matters today.
To help you make better and accurate decisions all your trading instruments are connected to show you insights, what other traders buy and sell, trading behaviour, and visuals with up-to-date info.
Offering superior trading conditions with low spreads, secure payments and fast withdrawals, the AvaTradeGO app is everything you need to make trading in forex, cryptos, CFDs or Bitcoin simple, all on your phone.
- Stock trading with price alerts and real-time market quotes on popular CFDs
- Monitoring social trends from the AvaTrade vibrant traders’ community
- One Stop Shop – Register and deposit directly from the app
- Over 1,000 CFDs and Forex trading instruments including the world’s top forex pairs, CFDs on commodities, stocks, cryptocurrencies and more
- Live chat with AvaTrade’s multi-lingual customer support
- A wide variety of technical tools including Pivots, MACD, RSI and other leading indicators
- Watching market trends in real-time – exclusive technology to AvaTradeGO
- A user-friendly dashboard, with intuitive forex trading management tools, clear charts, and zoom for details
Trading 212 is a London fintech company democratising the financial markets with free, smart and easy to use apps, enabling anyone to trade equities, currencies, commodities and more. They have automated portfolios and fractional shares which help them standout from some competitors.
With the intuitive Trading 212 app, you can invest in stocks and ETFs with zero commission. The platform is easy to use and a great tool for beginners. It can be suitable for both active trading and long-term investing.
I like how the app has a simplistic modern feel to it which makes it a pleasure to navigate around and look for opportunities. You can keep up to date with all the latest market movement without unnecessary distractions. It has Smooth and user-friendly charts for technical analysis on all of your favourite instruments.
When it comes to trading and investing, Trading 212 have excellent conditions with direct executions so they don’t sell your order flow. You can get competitive spreads at all times, even during news releases. This is all backed by an outstanding live customer service, responding within seconds.
- Simple and easy to use trading app for everyone
- Unlimited commission-free trades
- 10,000+ Real Stocks and ETFs from the UK, the US, Germany, France, Spain, the Netherlands and others
- Uncompromising, direct trade execution – they don’t sell your order flow
- 5,000+ CFDs on Stocks, Forex, Gold, Oil, Indices, Crypto and more
- Competitive spreads even at news time
- Smooth and easy to use charts for technical analysis
- Excellent customer service
Open your free account today and enjoy zero commission as you invest in leading stocks from the world’s top exchanges. Unlike other share dealing platforms, eToro allows you to create a diversified stock portfolio without paying any mark-up, ticketing or management fees.
eToro is not just a place to trade online — it’s also the ideal platform to engage, connect, and share strategies with other traders. And the award-winning CopyTrader technology enables you to replicate top-performing traders’ portfolios automatically. CopyTrading: When they trade, you trade!
Every new account on eToro is credited with $100,000 in a virtual portfolio, so you can try out all of the features that our platform offers with zero risk.
Find the tools you need to create the best investment portfolio for you. Easily view valuable market research and technical analysis. Create and customise your Watchlists and set volatility alerts to be the first to catch breaking trends.
The next generation of investing is here: eToro’s innovative CopyPortfolios™ are ready-made, fully allocated portfolios utilising cutting-edge technology to pick the best-performing assets while minimising long-term risk.
eToro is trusted by millions of users worldwide and is regulated by nine financial authorities, including CySEC, FCA and ASIC. You control whether your profile is public or private and they must adhere to the strictest standards for your personal privacy.
Multiple assets from global markets all in one account, one portfolio. No other platform allows users to create a portfolio with stocks, cryptos, currencies, indices, commodities, ETFs, CopyPortfolios and even other (copied) traders. Whether you are trading CFDs or investing in the underlying assets, you can create a portfolio that suits you on eToro.
- 2,000+ assets
- Low and transparent fees
- Features for novices and experts
- Wisdom of the crowd via social trading
- Be part of a collaborative trading community
- Ready-made CopyPortfolios
- Risk-free demo accounts
- Powerful trading tools
- Regulated and secure
Plus500 is an innovative CFDs online trading app that is user friendly and intuitive. It offers an elegant and intuitive user interface suitable for CFD trading anytime, anywhere. You can trade CFDs from your phone with no hidden fees, receive price alerts and get real-time market quotes for CFDs on Stocks, Forex, Indices, Commodities, ETFs, Options and Cryptocurrencies.
Protect your CFD trading positions by setting stops and limits, including a Guaranteed Stop. Easily monitor your balance, equity and margin at all times. Practice online trading in the demo mode and move to trading with real money when you feel ready to do so. The following fees can be applied to the trader’s account: Overnight funding, Currency Conversion Fee, Guaranteed Stop Order, Inactivity Fee
- Trade CFDs on some of the most traded instruments
- Buy/Sell CFDs on Shares and Indexes from the leading stock exchanges: NYSE, Euronext, LSE and many more
- Get access to real-time market quotes for CFDs on popular Stocks, Cryptocurrencies (subject to regulation), Indexes as well as Commodities such as Oil and Gold
- CFD trading on some of the world’s most popular financial instruments with no hidden fees such as USA 500, Bitcoin (subject to regulation), Gold, Oil, Silver and other Shares, Indices and Commodities
- Free Real-time charts and live streaming quotes
- Multi-language 24/7 professional support
- Fund your account by credit card, bank transfer or e-Wallets
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is the world’s most popular Forex trading platform. Choose from hundreds of brokers and thousands of servers to trade using your MT4 app. Control your account, trade and analyse the markets using technical indicators and graphical objects.
MetaTrader 4 offers traders’ access to advanced trading operations in a fast, secure and reliable environment. Simply download, install and begin trading!
- Market access from anywhere in the world 24 hours a day
- Connection to 2 000+ broker servers
- 30 popular technical indicators and 24 analytical objects
- Full-featured trading system: 2 execution modes and 4 order types
- 9 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1 and MN
- 3 types of charts: bars, Japanese candlesticks and broken line for efficient trading
- Real-time symbol quotes
- Up to 10 open charts opened simultaneously
- Detailed online trading history
- Fast switching between financial instruments on charts
- Push notifications
- Financial news
- Email and chat
There are many CFD brokers who offer trading in stocks, indices, forex, commodities, cryptocurrencies and more, via MetaTrader 5. The MT5 app features real-time quotes, financial news, FX and stock charts, technical analysis and online trading. Free demo accounts are available.
This trading application allows you to connect directly to brokers’ servers, receive stock prices and currency quotes, analyse financial markets by using charts and technical indicators and trade. You can also view the history of your trading operations. All these exciting features can be used anywhere in the world 24/7 for free!
To trade using real money, you need to open a real trading account by entering into a separate agreement with a financial company (broker), which has installed the server component of the MetaTrader 5 trading platform and has the appropriate permissions to provide financial trading service in their respective country.
- Real-time Forex & Stock market quotes
- Full set of trade orders, including pending orders
- Level II prices with up to 32 quotes
- All types of trade execution
- Detailed online trading history
- Interactive real-time price charts with zoom and scroll options
- 30 most popular technical indicators
- 24 analytical objects: lines, channels, geometric shapes, as well as Gann, Fibonacci and Elliott tools
- 9 timeframes: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1, W1 and MN
- 3 types of charts: bars, Japanese candlesticks and broken line
- High-performance charts
- Customizable chart colour scheme
- Configuring properties of graphical objects and indicators
- Display of four charts in one window available
- Trade levels visualizing the prices of pending order, as well as SL and TP values on the chart
- Information window that displays orders, trading history, emails, news, and logs
- Sound notifications
- Financial news — dozens of materials daily
- Secure and fast chats with other traders, creation of group chats and channels
- Support for push-notifications
Never miss an opportunity! Stay connected to the market at all times with the ultra-responsive cTrader app. Spotware cTrader app provides a premium mobile trading experience: Buy and Sell global assets on Forex, Metals, Oil, Indices, Stocks, ETFs. Just log in with your cTrader ID and get access to a complete range of Order Types, advanced Technical Analysis tools, Price Alerts, Trade Statistics, Advanced Order Management settings, Symbol Watchlists and a variety of other settings to customize the platform to your on-the-go trading requirements.
It gives you all the tools you’ll need for effective technical analysis, including common trend indicators, oscillators, volatility measures and line drawings, all accessible from directly within the chart.
- Direct processing (STP) and No Dealing Desk (NDD) trading platform
- Sophisticated Technical Analysis tools, with advanced settings for all indicators and drawings
- Push and Email Alert Configuration: Choose which events you want to know about
- All accounts in one app: Switch swiftly through your accounts with a simple click
- Trade Statistics: Review your strategies and trade performance in detail
- Price Alerts: Get notified when a price hits a specified level
- Symbol Watchlists: Group and save your favourite symbols
- Manage Sessions: Log off your other devices
- 23 Languages: Access all platform features translated in your native language
Simple for beginners and effective for technical analysis experts, TradingView has all of the instruments for publication and the viewing of trading ideas. Real-time quotes and charts are available for wherever you are at whatever time.
At TradingView, all data is obtained by professional providers who have direct and extensive access to stock quotes, futures, popular indices, Forex, Bitcoin and CFDs.
You can effectively track stock market and major global indices such as the NASDAQ Composite, S&P 500 (SPX), NYSE, Dow Jones (DJI), DAX, FTSE 100, NIKKEI 225, etc. You can also learn more about exchange rates, oil prices, mutual funds, bonds, ETFs and other commodities.
TradingView is one of the most active social networks for traders and investors. Connect with millions of traders from around the world, learn from the experiences of other investors and discuss trading ideas.
View over 10 types of charts for market analysis from different angles. Starting with an elementary chart line and ending with Renko and Kagi charts, which focus heavily on price fluctuations and barely take time into account as a factor. They can be very useful for determining long-term trends and can help you earn money.
Choose from a large selection of price analysis tools, including, but not limited to, indicators, strategies, drawing objects (i.e. Gann, Elliot Wave, moving averages) and more.
You can track major global indices, stocks, currency pairs, bonds, futures, mutual funds, commodities and cryptocurrencies all in real-time.
Alerts will help you not to miss the smallest of changes in the market and will allow you to react in time to buy or sell depending on your trading strategy.
Flexible settings help you to track the indices you need and also group them in a way that is convenient for you.
Gain access to data in real-time on more than 100,000 instruments from over 50 exchanges from the United States, Russia, the East, and countries in Asia and Europe, such as: NYSE, LSE, TSE, SSE, HKEx, Euronext, TSX, SZSE, FWB, SIX, ASX, KRX, NASDAQ, JSE, Bolsa de Madrid, TWSE, BM&F/B3, MOEX and many others!
- Advanced Charts
- Technical analysis tools
- Individual watchlists and alerts
- Real-time data from global exchanges, wherever, whenever
- Track major indices of the world stock market in real-time
- Syncing your accounts between the TradingView platform and app
- Chart, chat and trade the global markets
- Read and create top trade ideas
- Free global finance news
Backed by more than 30 years of experience, TradeStation delivers an intuitive, easy to navigate trading app to trade stocks, ETFs, options, futures, and crypto on the go.
The all-in-one TradeStation mobile app gives you the tools to trade the way you want right in the palm of your hands. Trade stocks, ETFs, options, futures, and crypto all in a single trading app.
TradeStation Mobile is simple yet powerful. It’s easy to use, paired with the power of the TradeStation ecosystem. Enjoy core features such as Hot Lists, Quotes and the Matrix.
The TradeStation Mobile iOS and Android apps are available on the Apple and Google App Stores. Not a TradeStation client? Don’t let that stop you. Traders without an account can freely download and preview the TradeStation Mobile App.
- Get streaming quotes in real time
- Analyse and trade options spreads on the go
- Monitor market depth and trade from the Matrix
- Get mobile alerts on price and volume swings
- Analyse charts with indicators – anytime, anywhere
- Place orders with ease and split-second precision
- Track your positions, orders and balances
Trading apps let you access the global markets to buy and sell financial instruments across different asset classes. Anyone can download a mobile trading app to their mobile device and start trading online within minutes. You can choose to trade or invest in forex, stocks, commodities, indices, cryptocurrencies, bonds, ETFs, funds and more. It makes things quick and easy when you can conveniently manage your account and trades all from one place.
There is an ever-increasing amount of easy to use trading apps being released that has made trading online more accessible to users all over the globe, regardless of their background. Before you would have had to go through a brokerage firm, now you can have full control over the markets from within the palm of your hands. This gives you absolute freedom to choose where and when you would like to invest your funds.
There is no one size fits all when it comes to trading apps. Yes, there are those platforms that will have a vast range of products and services, but each will have its own unique features. This includes but is not limited to usability, minimum deposit, funding options, regulation, fees and support. Whilst we have listed our top trading apps, here are a few things you can look out for when choosing the best trading apps for your own needs.
For us, one of the first things we check for is to see if the trading app in question is regulated by any financial regulatory authority. Regulation can help to give protection in the event something was to go wrong. It also gives us peace of mind that we using an trading app that operates in an open and honest manner, putting traders’ interests before profits.
Do you want to trade forex? Are you looking to invest in stocks? How about looking for the latest cryptocurrency innovations? Whatever your interests, you might want to check to make sure that all of the financial instruments that you have an interest in are available through the app.
If you are interested in specific instruments, we have the following guides:
You will want an easy to navigate and intuitive trading app that makes it a pleasure to use. The whole online trading experience should be as smooth as possible, from analysing the markets to placing and managing your trades. Most mobile trading apps will provide free demo accounts so that you can practice using it risk free with virtual finds, to see if it is suitable for you.
Check to make sure that the trading app has all of the key features that you require. Whilst many traders just want to view charts and take positions, other traders may want more complex analysis tools. Features to look out for include trading signals, alert notifications, customisable interface, watchlists, money management, automated and social trading.
Have a look at the trading apps specifications to see if it is compatible with your mobile device. This isn’t usually an issue as most mobile trading platforms will run on both iOS and Android devices. However, it could become a problem if you are running on an older version that is no longer supported.
Each mobile trading platform will have a minimum deposits requirement that you will need to meet in order to start trading online with it. From our vast amount of research, we have seen minimum deposits range anywhere from $1 to $500 or more. Have a look to see if you meet the required threshold for the app in question and as the saying goes, never risk more than you can afford to lose.
Some of us still prefer the more traditional forms of making deposits and withdrawals, such as bank transfer and card payments. Whilst the majority of trading apps will support these forms of payment, there are those who support more modern forms of payment. This can include online payment processors, e-Wallets and cryptocurrency. See if there is a suitable account funding option for you.
Typical trading app fees can include commission for taking positions, spreads, overnight fees, inactivity fees and accounting fees. Have a look at all of the applicable fees to make sure there are no unexpected charges. The best trading apps should have low fees which can help to save in trading costs over the long term.
If you don’t know much about trading and investing online, then you may want to look for an trading app that has plenty of learning resources. This could include tutorial videos, guides, webinars and paper trading. We like to see educational resources provided as it can show that the trading app cares about its users making informed decisions.
It can be quite frustrating when trying to get support but hitting a brick wall. If a customer support team takes an age to respond or doesn’t give a satisfactory answer, this can waste valuable time. We like to make sure that the customer service team is quick and accurate with their responses to a variety of different general and account related questions. You could always test their response before hand and look at the ways in which they can be reached. Some methods will be quicker than others, live chat can be great as there is often an instant response whereas emailing back and forth could take a while.
Whether you enjoy taking a more hands-off approach and hold investments for the long term or want to get deep into market research and make trades on a daily basis, or even fall somewhere in between the both, choosing the right trading app can make it that much easier to reach your goals. Whatever direction you are heading, choosing the best trading app depends on your individual needs. Whilst we have covered some of our favourites and things to look for, the decision ultimately is your own.