CAPEX is an online forex and CFD broker established in 2016. Key Way Investments Ltd. is the parent company of CAPEX.com and operates from Cyprus. CAPEX is regulated by FSCA, CySEC, ADGM (FSRA), and FSA. Moreover, the company is registered with BaFin, CONSOB, CNMV, and KNF in the EU. Negative balance protection and clients’ funds in segregated accounts are also a layer of safety for traders.
CAPEX has a wide range of trading instruments. The broker offers over 2,100 CFDs from various asset classes, including forex, shares, indices, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, commodities, bonds, and ThematiX (baskets). In addition to the abundance of trading instruments, CAPEX provides its proprietary trading platform CAPEX WebTrader and MetaTrader 5 to facilitate trading activities.
Demo trading, Islamic accounts, and commission-free trading with average spreads make CAPEX a good option among online trading services. Multiple account types fulfill the needs of all sorts of traders.
In addition, CAPEX has a huge collection of educational and research resources that help traders in building a good trading plan.
CAPEX is a CySEC-regulated broker operating from Cyprus since 2016. The broker offers a good selection of around 2,100 CFDs from various asset classes with CAPEX WebTrader and MT5. There is no deposit or withdrawal fee, but there is an inactivity fee of $30, and a minimum deposit of $100 is required to open an account. Useful educational resources like economic calendar, market news and analysis, and research tools like Trading Central are there to help traders.
CAPEX is regulated by multiple regulatory bodies in different locations, such as CySEC and FSA. The broker provides negative balance protection to the clients under CySEC jurisdiction. Moreover, CAPEX keeps its clients’ funds separate from its operational expenses. In addition, the broker provides a generous selection of 2,100+ CFDs trading instruments with average spreads and without any commission fee. Demo trading and swap-free Islamic accounts are also available with CAPEX. A bundle of educational and research tools, including market analysis, Trading Central, videos, and CAPEX academy, will help beginners learn trading at a steady pace. In addition, CAPEX WebTrader and MT5 help you facilitate trades in a user-friendly environment. Moreover, copy trading via MAM accounts is offered. Lastly, CAPEX does not charge any deposit or withdrawal fee.
On the other hand, CAPEX or its parent company is not public and does not disclose its financial information. Moreover, CAPEX does not provide banking services either. CAPEX does not accept clients from a few countries, such as the US. In addition, CAPEX does not have zero spread accounts, and variable spreads are high while trading from MT5 starting from 3.0 pip and 1.0 from WebTrader. The broker does not have a dedicated social trading platform. There is an inactivity fee of $30 per month after three months of inactivity. The broker requires a minimum deposit of $100 to open an account. Lastly, the broker does not define important trading costs such as spreads and commissions in the “account types” section.
- Regulated in multiple jurisdictions
- Regulated by CySEC, FSA, FSCA, and ADGM
- Negative balance protection
- Clients’ funds in segregated accounts
- 2,100+ CFDs instruments
- Market news & analysis
- Trading Central
- Demo accounts
- Islamic accounts
- QuantX smart portfolio builder
- Proprietary CAPEX WebTrader platform with modern features
- MetaTrader 5
- Variable spread accounts
- Research tools
- CAPEX academy
- News sentiment
- Commission-free trading
- Crypto trading
- Variable spreads starting from 1.0 pip on CAPEX WebTrader
- No deposit or withdrawal fee
- Clients from the US not accepted
- The company not listed on any stock exchange
- No banking services
- Finances not disclosed
- No social trading
- No zero spread accounts
- High variable spreads on MT5 starting from 3.0 pip
- $30 inactivity fee per month
- Trading costs not defined separately for account types
- $100 minimum deposit
CAPEX has a solid financial product portfolio with over 2,100 CFD instruments for you trade with very competitive conditions. These CFDs are from various asset classes, including forex, shares, indices, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, commodities, bonds, and ThematiX (baskets).
On the other hand, CAPEX does not provide options trading, but that might not be a big concern based on the abundance of trading instruments from other asset classes. If you are looking to trade options, then AvaTrade is a broker worth taking a look at.
CAPEX Instruments Summary
Commission and Spread Fees
CAPEX has three account tiers that carry different features.
Essential account: Essential account requires a $1,000 deposit and has basic features with basic trading conditions.
Original account: Original account needs a deposit of $5,000 and has special trading conditions with Trading Central.
Signature account: Signature account needs a hefty minimum deposit of $25,000, has special trading conditions and is loaded with special features.
CAPEX provides commission-free trading as all the costs are already included in spreads. This does mean that the broker tends to have high spreads in general. This may not be an issue if you are not scalping and it is worth considering that overall costs can work out similar to a zero-pip spread broker as there is no commission fee with CAPEX. However, if you are specifically looking for zero pip spreads, then FXDD are an option and they only charge a small commission fee. Here is the summary of spreads and commissions on CAPEX WebTrader and MT5.
|Fee||CAPEX WebTrader||MetaTrader 5|
|Commission (per standard lot per side)||$0||$0|
Deposit and Withdrawal Fees
CAPEX charges no deposit or withdrawal fees from its clients while using any payment option. However, you should consider the transaction charges your payment service provider may incur.
If a trading account does not have any trading activity for three consecutive months, CAPEX charges a $30 monthly inactivity fee. This is quite a hefty fee that can be avoided if you choose a broker without any activity fees such as easyMarkets.
CAPEX appears to have decided to keep things as easy as possible in terms of the trading environment. They provide trading platforms cover all of the tools and needs that most retail traders may have. I feel that the in-house CAPEX WebTrader and industry-standard MetaTrader 5 can meet the requirements of both beginner and experienced traders alike. They are user-friendly yet loaded with tools for analysing the markets, placing and managing trades. I would like to see them provide the MT4 platform as well, considering there are many traders who still use this platform, myself included. You can get both MetaTrader platforms via Axiory, who also have the fantastic cTrader platform for professional trading.
MetaTrader 5 (MT5)
MetaTrader 5 is a highly adaptable trading platform. MT5 is globally adaptable and ready for action whether you trade on a desktop, mobile, tablet, Android, or iOS. With multi-window views, navigation, and asset control panels, you can monitor your whole portfolio in real-time. Traders rely heavily on charts and MT5 is one of the best charting packages you can get your hands on. You can select your desired chart type, colour, interval, technical components, and template for quick and simple access to trade your own strategies. You may choose from 30 built-in indicators and thousands of free custom indicators, as well as 21 time periods and build your own market watch list.
With rapid execution, various payment options, and over 400 instruments across all asset classes, you can power-up your trading with the CAPEX MT5. Stop orders and negative balance protection can help you manage risk. MetaTrader 5 is a platform that includes an extensive development environment for your customised methods in order to boost trading activity and provide access to worldwide marketplaces.
Some of the core features of MT5 are as follows:
- A user-friendly trading platform that is intuitively tested and proven
- Technical indicators and analytical tools of your choosing
- There are several price chart kinds and timeframes to choose from
- Highly configurable – pick how you want to use the platform and set it up
- Market access from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Run up to ten charts at the same time
- Real-time symbol quotations — because timely knowledge may make or break a deal
- Advanced system infrastructure allowing for lightning-fast execution
- Computer and mobile device cross-device functionality
CAPEX WebTrader is a unique platform that has been particularly created to help speed up your trading. The platform is available on both desktop and mobile devices via modern and sleek trading apps. The CAPEX WebTrader, designed for professional traders, provides powerful features at your fingertips to help you make the best trading decisions. You can maximise the effectiveness of your trading approach. CAPEX WebTrader’s charting and analytical capabilities are sound, with 6 chart formats and over 90 prominent indicators to pick from. You can trade on a platform that is extremely responsive and built to provide an excellent user experience.
CAPEX WebTrader has sophisticated risk management capabilities that allow you to adjust your risk level to your abilities. You can protect your transactions using Stop Loss and Take Profit orders, as well as a variety of other options.
One of the biggest advantages is that the excellent Trading Central is included. This is a top industry tool that provides you with up-to-date technical analysis, alerting you to certain trends or scenarios that you cannot afford to overlook. I think it is one of the best tools for market analysis and it is not available through many brokers, HYCM being another option.
The CAPEX WebTrader is extremely customisable, with over 2,100 instruments to select from, each categorised by category. The negative balance protection policy at CAPEX.com ensures that your losses should not surpass the cash in your account. The platform, designed to improve user experience, enables an interactive trading experience with high-end research tools that assist you in interpreting market data in a way that works for you.
Some of the key features of the CAPEX platform include:
- Trading strategy that is intuitive
- Modes of execution and order types can be chosen
- Technical indicators and analytical instruments of choice
- Price chart types and time ranges are available in a variety of formats
- Platform that is highly customizable
- Market access is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Up to ten charts can be displayed at the same time
- Trading system with several features
- Symbol quotes in real-time
- Financial information
Clients of CAPEX have access to robust analytical tools, market consensus and sentiment applications, and many more from TipRanks, a prominent third-party information source.
Over 50,000 professionals weigh in on whether to purchase or sell an item, which can assist in gauging the market’s sentiment. A trader has the option of following popular opinion or not. Sentiment research is frequently utilised in conjunction with a contrarian trading approach. It also allows traders to learn from skilled bloggers and read an insightful commentary. This can be a good way to try and help determine in which direction the market is heading.
Insiders’ Hot Stocks
Develop a wider understanding of the market by using this helpful tool that displays high-level executives’ transactions on their company’s stocks:
- Examine how insider transactions have influenced the performance of each stock
- View complete trading history, as well as who has been buying and selling and overall trade volumes
- Improve your trading skills by understanding why insiders purchase and sell business shares
Daily Analyst Ratings
Check what top-rated financial experts (according to TipRanks) say about the stock market’s price development to identify key market movements:
- Discover which companies the experts suggest and what their price targets are
- Learn new trading tactics to broaden your trading opportunities
- Develop a stronger risk management approach that is supported by analyst data
Hedge Funds Activity
See what professional hedge fund managers are investing in, as well as how their hedge funds stack up against one another:
- Learn about the overall mood of fund managers to gain a more accurate picture of the markets
- Develop innovative trading techniques and ideas based on detailed data
- Directly track a summary of the fund’s activities on the trading platform
Discover what has been trending in the media for your favourite stocks during the last week. You can carefully examine how favourable, negative, or neutral news coverage influences market sentiment. I think this is a good way to discover how global events affect stock prices. It enables you to get a sense of the media buzz around each stock and identify bullish and negative patterns, which can help you with your trade decisions.
QuantX works as your personal assistant, using credible sources to help you build your portfolio. QuantX algorithms continuously assist you in monitoring your portfolio. Just pick your favourite industries and then QuantX will search over approximately 900 brands to potentially invest in. I was really impressed with this tool and think it offers a great way to discover potential trading opportunities that you may have otherwise overlooked.
CAPEX Platforms Summary
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)||x|
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)||✓|
|Proprietary (CAPEX WebTrader and Mobile Trading App)||✓|
Aside from the integrated trading tools, CAPEX.com features an analyst who publishes a research article every trading day, which includes a brief market analysis and two trade recommendations with charts. While the information is open to everybody, CAPEX.com states that an original account is required to gain access to more research. In terms of education, the CAPEX Academy provides brief educational films. However, CAPEX.com requires opening a signature account to gain access to the whole video library. Webinars are also included as an instructional tool on CAPEX.com. The CAPEX Academy is supplemented by an IPO section and a glossary.
Trading Central offers a wide choice of technical indicators that may be used with CFDs on stocks, commodities, indices, forex, ETFs, and bonds. This is an excellent tool for automated market analysis and generating trading signals. It can save you from hours of chart watching. CAPEX is one of a limited range of brokers who provide free access to Trading Central, along with the likes of ClickTrades.
The following are some the main features of Trading Central:
- Indicates whether an instrument is expected to stay bullish or bearish for the remainder of the day. Traders will find it quite valuable in developing their intraday trading methods and selections.
- Indicates the price at which an instrument is expected to turn bullish or bearish, and vice versa. Pivot point pricing can assist traders in identifying prospective buy/sell opportunities, which can aid in the development of an efficient trading strategy.
- Trading Central’s favourite trading strategy at that time, including desired trade length (long or short-term) when an instrument hits a certain price.
- Indicates a trading strategy other than Green Analysis. Data might include the price point at which an instrument may show symptoms of declining and the likelihood of continued decline, showing the target price points to watch for.
- Provides information on pivot price points as well as projected market momentum. Price breakpoints and the RSI (Relative Strength Index). Such information has the potential to be extremely useful in assisting traders in identifying trading opportunities with respect to market and instrument movements.
- Displays the exact GMT date and time when Trading Central issued indicator data. This is completely customisable, enabling users to select the indicators they want to see data about.
- Price levels at which an instrument’s price may continue to grow are highlighted. This might indicate when an item reaches a low price before continuing to grow.
- Price thresholds at which an asset may continue to decrease are shown. This may be extremely useful for traders attempting to sell an asset as it approaches a support level.
This section covers global financial news that impacts forex and CFDs markets and is updated on a weekly basis.
With a personalised and high-coverage Economic Calendar provided by Trading Central, you may have more access to worldwide markets and act on market-moving events that are supported by high-quality macroeconomic data. There are filters for countries and importance available to filter out the economic events you want to see. You can also find a news calendar built-in the MT5 platform which makes it quicker and easier to keep track of the latest news events that can impact your positions.
CAPEX academy can be accessed by original and signature clients of CAPEX. That includes a video library that teaches different aspects of trading online.
Financial events supply you with information on a daily basis that you may use to make trading decisions. Learn how to strengthen your market intuition and risk management tactics by using tools developed by the CAPEX market analysts.
Even if you are not currently a customer of CAPEX, you will be able to register and access free online webinars.
This section covers articles that may help beginners as well as experienced traders in making informed trading decisions.
This section provides information about upcoming initial public offerings (IPO) of companies.
CAPEX Research and Education Summary
CAPEX accepts a good variety of payment methods including wire transfers, debit/credit cards, and electronic payment services. Despite providing crypto trading, CAPEX does not offer a crypto funding option which could be a downside as more and more traders are dealing in cryptos. If you are one of them, then you might want to PU Prime as they can accept crypto along with a nice selection of other funding options.
CAPEX Funding Summary
Key Way Investments Ltd. is the parent company of CAPEX.com and operates many subsidiaries all over the world. Here is the summary of the company’s regulations:
- sc.capex.com, operated by KW Investments Limited: the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA)
- capex.com, operated by Key Way Investments Limited: the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- za.capex.com, operated by JME Financial Services (Pty) Ltd: South African Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
- ae.capex.com, operated by Key Way Markets Ltd: the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA)
- CAPEX is also registered with BaFin, CONSOB, CNMV, and KNF in the EU
CAPEX Regulation Summary
|SFC (Hong Kong)||x|
|Other (FSA, FSCA, ADMG FSRA)||✓|
Clients in Europe are eligible for reimbursement from the Investor Compensation Fund (ICF). In the event that a broker fails or becomes insolvent, the ICF can assist eligible clients in obtaining some of their money back. Every client’s deposit is stored in separate bank accounts with only the top-tier banks.
CAPEX provides client support 24/5 via online chat, phone, and email (during business hours in GMT timezone). You may also get a call back from the broker. I think they could improve by offering 24/7 support like competitors such as Purple Trading do.
CAPEX is primarily a forex and CFD broker, with a good choice of over 2,100 tradable instruments in the asset classes of forex, indices, bonds, ETFs, Commodities, Shares, and Cryptocurrency. Because the broker is regulated in multiple jurisdictions, it must adhere to stringent regulatory requirements, which helps to ensure a safe trading environment for all clients. The proprietary CAPEX WebTrader platform and MT4 are packed with cool features and trading tools to help you get the most out of your trading strategies. The ‘Trading Central’ analysis is ideal for all traders looking for automated trading signals. Both platforms are mobile-friendly, with apps available for both Android and iOS. The broker does not have any deposit or withdrawal fees. When compared to the competition, the minimum trading capital of $100 is relatively high as are the overall trading costs. CAPEX lags in comprehensive educational resources, zero spread accounts, and has a substantial inactivity fee. I would also like to see them offer MT4, crypto funding and 24/7 support to keep up with the competition. Overall, I think they are worth considering for anyone who is looking to trade in a regulated environment with some helpful tools and market analysis to assist you along your journey.